I am finding lately that no gaming plan goes unaltered after I start it... and this one is no exception.
I have found that I really do not like to paint 15mm minis. I had not painted any for many (10+) years but I thought to give it a go but it is a struggle. My wife pointed out to me that I was 'avoiding' the 15mm's, and mentioned that I had tried to paint 6mm and 10mm minis in the past - at least I tried, but 25mm seems to be the winner. And it has the approval of the missus which actually is a big benefit! There are some pros and cons in the switch however:
1. No duplication of effort in the minis for the skirmish and mass battle ranges - I intend to use these minis for both.
2. No duplication of effort for terrain of different scales.
3. Hopefully 1 and 2 will mean a bit less in monetary outlay!
1. Mini selection will be more important - the 15mm minis were more forgiving in their appearance for specific HC details.
2. Bigger surface needed for mass battles.
So, more info later as I continue to peruse mini selections...
On a brighter note, I have doodled up some preliminary drawings of a HC naval vessel...
Command Stand Vignettes: British & Prussian
19 hours ago